Reviewing and merging patches¶
Everyone is encouraged to review open pull requests. We only ask that you try and think carefully, ask questions and are excellent to one another. Code review is our opportunity to share knowledge, design ideas and make friends.
When reviewing a patch try to keep each of these concepts in mind:
- Is the proposed change being made in the correct place?
- What is the change being proposed?
- Do we want this feature or is the bug they’re fixing really a bug?
- Does the change do what the author claims?
- Are there sufficient tests?
- Has it been documented?
- Will this change introduce new bugs?
Grammar and style¶
These are small things that are not caught by the automated style checkers.
- Does a variable need a better name?
- Should this be a keyword argument?